What is the difference between geotextile and non-woven fabric
Geotextiles and non-woven fabrics are two different concepts in spinning and weaving:
Geotextiles and non-woven fabrics are two different concepts in spinning and weaving:
1. Geotextile is a kind of cloth divided according to the use, and a kind of cloth divided according to the production process of non-woven fabrics.
2. Non-woven fabrics refer to the manufacturing process that does not require weaving, while geotextiles refer to geotechnical engineering.
1. Geotextile, also known as geotextile, is a permeable geosynthetic material made of synthetic fibers by needle punching or weaving. The finished product is cloth, generally 4-6 meters wide and 50-100 meters long. Geotextiles are divided into woven geotextiles and non-woven geotextiles. Geotextile has excellent filtration, drainage, isolation, reinforcement, anti-seepage, and protection functions, and has the characteristics of light weight, high tensile strength, good permeability, high temperature resistance, freezing resistance, aging resistance, and corrosion resistance.
2. Non-woven fabric, also known as non-woven fabric, is composed of directional or random fibers. It is a new generation of environmentally friendly materials. It is called cloth because of its appearance and certain properties. Non-woven fabrics are moisture-proof, breathable, flexible, light in weight, non-combustible, easy to decompose, non-toxic and non-irritating, rich in color, low in price, and recyclable. For example, polypropylene (pp material) pellets are used as raw materials, and are produced by a continuous one-step method of high temperature melting, spinning, laying, and hot pressing and coiling.
Geotextile, also known as geotextile, is a permeable geosynthetic material made of synthetic fibers by needle punching or weaving. Geotextile is one of the new geosynthetic materials. The finished product is cloth-like, with a general width of 4-6 meters and a length of 50-100 meters. Geotextiles are divided into woven geotextiles and non-woven filament geotextiles.
1. High strength, due to the use of plastic fibers, it can maintain sufficient strength and elongation in wet and dry conditions.
2. Corrosion resistance, long-term corrosion resistance in soil and water with different pH.
3. Good water permeability There are gaps between fibers, so it has good water permeability.
4. Good anti-microbial properties, no damage to microorganisms and moths.
5. The construction is convenient. Because the material is light and soft, it is convenient for transportation, laying and construction.
6. Complete specifications: The width can reach 9 meters. It is currently the widest product in China, the mass per unit area: 100-1000g/㎡
Polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextiles are used to isolate building materials (such as soil and sand, soil and concrete, etc.) with different physical properties (particle size, distribution, consistency and density, etc.). It prevents two or more materials from being lost or mixed, maintaining the overall structure and function of the material, and enhancing the bearing capacity of the structure.
2. Filtration (reverse filtration)
When the water flows from the fine soil layer into the coarse soil layer, the good air permeability and water permeability of the polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextile are used to make the water flow through, and effectively intercept the soil particles, fine sand, small stones, etc. to keep the water flowing. Stabilization of water and soil engineering.
Polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextile has good water conductivity, it can form a drainage channel inside the soil body, and discharge excess liquid and gas in the soil structure.
Polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextile is used to enhance the tensile strength and anti-deformation ability of the soil mass, enhance the stability of the building structure, and improve the soil mass.
When the water flow scours the soil, it effectively spreads, transmits or decomposes the concentrated stress, prevents the soil from being damaged by external forces, and protects the soil.
Combined with geomembrane, it becomes a composite waterproof and anti-seepage material, which plays the role of anti-puncture. High tensile strength, good permeability, air permeability, high temperature resistance, freezing resistance, aging resistance, corrosion resistance, no moth-eaten. Polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextile is a widely used geosynthetic material. Widely used in reinforcement of railway subgrade, maintenance of highway pavement, protection of sports halls, dams, isolation of hydraulic structures, tunnels, coastal mudflats, reclamation, environmental protection and other projects.
Non-woven fabric, also known as non-woven fabric, is composed of directional or random fibers. It is a new generation of environmentally friendly materials. It is moisture-proof, breathable, flexible, light in weight, non-combustible, easy to decompose, non-toxic and non-irritating, rich in color Inexpensive and recyclable. For example, polypropylene (pp material) pellets are used as raw materials, and are produced by a continuous one-step method of high temperature melting, spinning, laying, and hot pressing and coiling. It is called cloth because of its appearance and certain properties.
The non-woven fabric has no warp and weft threads, so it is very convenient to cut and sew, and it is light and easy to shape. Because it is a fabric that does not require spinning or weaving, it just orients or randomly arranges textile staple fibers or filaments to form a web structure, and then uses mechanical, thermal bonding or chemical methods to reinforce it.
It is not interwoven and braided by yarns one by one, but the fibers are directly bonded together by physical methods, so when you get the sticky scale in your clothes, you will find that, You can't get a single thread out. Nonwovens break through the traditional textile principles, and have the characteristics of short process flow, fast production rate, high output, low cost, wide application, and many sources of raw materials.
According to the composition of non-woven fabrics, there are polyester, polypropylene, nylon, spandex, acrylic, etc.; different components will have completely different styles of non-woven fabrics. The spunbond fabric usually refers to polyester spunbond and polypropylene spunbond; and the styles of these two kinds of fabrics are very similar, and can only be judged by high temperature test.
Non-woven fabric is a kind of non-woven fabric, which directly uses polymer chips, short fibers or filaments to form fibers through air flow or machinery, and then undergoes hydroentanglement, needle punching, or hot rolling reinforcement, and finally after finishing Formed non-woven fabric. A new type of fiber product with a soft, breathable and flat structure, the advantage is that it does not produce lint, it is strong, durable, and silky soft, and it is also a kind of reinforcing material, and it also has a cotton feel. Compared with cotton fabrics, non-woven Cloth bags are easy to form and inexpensive to manufacture.
1. Light weight: polypropylene resin is the main raw material for production, the specific gravity is only 0.9, and there are only cotton non-woven fabrics (4 photos)
Three-fifths, with fluffy, good feel.
2. Soft: It is composed of fine fibers (2-3D) and is formed by light point-like hot melt bonding. The finished product is moderately soft and comfortable.
3. Water repellent and breathable: Polypropylene chips do not absorb water, have zero moisture content, and the finished product has good water repellency. It is composed of 100% fiber with porosity and good air permeability. It is easy to keep the cloth dry and easy to wash.
4. Non-toxic and non-irritating: The product is produced with FDA-compliant food-grade raw materials, without other chemical components, with stable performance, non-toxic, no peculiar smell, and does not irritate the skin.
5. Antibacterial and anti-chemical agents: Polypropylene is a chemically passive substance, not moth-eaten, and can isolate the erosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid; antibacterial, alkali corrosion, and finished products do not affect the strength due to erosion.
6. Antibacterial properties. The product is water-repellent, not moldy, and can isolate the erosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid, and is not moldy.
7. Good physical properties. It is made of polypropylene spun directly into a mesh and thermally bonded. The strength of the product is better than that of ordinary staple fiber products. The strength is non-directional, and the vertical and horizontal strengths are similar.
8. In terms of environmental protection, the raw material of most of the non-woven fabrics used is polypropylene, while the raw material of plastic bags is polyethylene. Although the two substances have similar names, they are quite different in chemical structure. The chemical molecular structure of polyethylene is quite stable and extremely difficult to degrade, so it takes 300 years for plastic bags to be decomposed; while the chemical structure of polypropylene is not strong, the molecular chain can be easily broken, so that it can be effectively degraded , and enter the next environmental cycle in a non-toxic form, a non-woven shopping bag can be completely decomposed within 90 days. Moreover, non-woven shopping bags can be reused more than 10 times, and the pollution to the environment after disposal is only 10% of that of plastic bags.
1) It has poor strength and durability compared to woven cloth.
2) Can't be washed like other fabrics.
3) The fibers are arranged in a certain direction, so it is easy to split at right angles and so on. Therefore, the improvement of the production method is mainly focused on the improvement of preventing splitting.
(1) Non-woven fabrics for medical and sanitary use: surgical gowns, protective clothing, disinfection wraps, masks, diapers, civilian wipes, wipes, wet face towels, magic towels, soft towel rolls, beauty supplies, sanitary napkins, sanitary napkins Pads, and disposable sanitary cloths, etc.
(2) Non-woven fabrics for home decoration: wall coverings, tablecloths, bed sheets, bedspreads, etc.
(3) Non-woven fabrics for clothing: linings, adhesive linings, flakes, shaped cotton, various synthetic leather base fabrics, etc.
(4) Non-woven fabrics for industrial use; base materials, reinforcing materials, polishing materials, filter materials, insulating materials, cement packaging bags, geotextiles, covering cloths, etc. for roofing waterproofing membranes and asphalt shingles.
(5) Agricultural non-woven fabrics: crop protection fabrics, seedling raising fabrics, irrigation fabrics, thermal insulation curtains, etc.
(6) Other non-woven fabrics: space cotton, thermal insulation and sound insulation materials, linoleum felt, cigarette filters, tea bags in bags, shoe materials, etc.
Environmentally friendly non-woven bags
Medical and hygiene: surgical gowns, caps, hoods, gypsum cotton wool, women's sanitary napkins, baby diapers, wet face wipes, sanitary underwear, dust cover.
Agriculture: Harvest cloth, greenhouse cloth.
Industry: floppy disk lining, speaker cloth, filter material, sound insulation felt for speakers, sealing ring lining, cable cloth, glass fiber reinforced plastic towel, industrial wipe, shockproof liner, insulating material, tape base lining, pipe base lining, ventilation duct, Sharpie cloth.
Packaging: composite cement bag, luggage lining, packaging base lining, quilt, storage bag, mobile jacquard luggage.
Clothing and shoemaking: Garment lining, flakes, toe lining, heel lining, underwear, artificial deerskin, synthetic leather, warm shoe lining, cloth sole lining.
Automotive industry: waste spun thermal insulation felt, shockproof felt, headliner, seat cushion lining, carpet, door lining, automotive filter element, molded seat cushion.
Household clothing: sofa inner cloth, carpet, wall cloth, mirror cloth, tea bags, vacuum cleaner filter bags, shopping bags, printed sheets, entertainment covers, cushions, sleeping bags, dry cleaning cloths, scouring pads, curtains, tablecloths, Lampshade, the back of the Mito seat is covered with film.
Civil engineering, construction: reinforcement, reinforcement, filtration, linoleum base fabric, drainage board, roof waterproofing, railway, highway, berm, water slope, port sound insulation, sewers, heat protection, separation, drainage.
Other uses: launch vehicles, missile head heat-proof cone, tail nozzle throat lining, high-grade money printing paper, space shuttle heat-resistant tile, map cloth, calendar cloth, artificial cloth, oil painting cloth, etc.