Bentonite Waterproof Blanket
Bentonite waterproof blanket (English name: GCL) consists of three layers, the upper and lower layers are geotextiles, which mainly play the role of protection and reinforcement, so that it has a certain overall puncture resistance and tensile strength; the middle is a sodium-based bentonite particle layer , It is made of clay mineral material, which has high expansion and high water absorption capacity, low water permeability when wet, and mainly plays the role of anti-seepage. The bentonite waterproof blanket adopts a special needling method.
Bentonite waterproof blanket (English name: GCL) consists of three layers, the upper and lower layers are geotextiles, which mainly play the role of protection and reinforcement, so that it has a certain overall puncture resistance and tensile strength; the middle is a sodium-based bentonite particle layer , It is made of clay mineral material, which has high expansion and high water absorption capacity, low water permeability when wet, and mainly plays the role of anti-seepage. The bentonite waterproof blanket adopts a special needling method. The special needling process is to make the crude fiber pass through the bentonite layer from the upper geotextile and fix it on the lower geotextile, and combine the three parts into one, which enhances the whole of the bentonite waterproof blanket. It can greatly enhance the shear strength and tensile strength of the bentonite waterproof blanket, which makes the bentonite waterproof blanket can be used alone or in combination with compacted clay impermeable body or geomembrane.
The principle of bentonite waterproof blanket
The mineralogical name of bentonite is montmorillonite, and bentonite is mainly divided into two categories according to its chemical composition: sodium-based and calcium-based. Bentonite has the property of swelling with water. Generally, when calcium-based bentonite expands, its expansion is only about 3 times its own volume; when sodium-based bentonite expands, it is about 15 times its own volume and can absorb 6 times its own weight. Water, the high-density colloid formed by the expanded bentonite has the property of repelling water. Taking advantage of this property, people use sodium bentonite as a waterproof material. In order to facilitate construction and transportation, the bentonite is locked between two layers of geosynthetics to protect and reinforce, so that the GCL bentonite waterproof blanket has a certain overall tensile and puncture strength.
1. Density: Sodium bentonite forms a high-density diaphragm under water pressure. When the thickness is about 3mm, its water permeability is below α×10 -11 m/sec, which is equivalent to 100 times the density of 30cm thick clay. Has a strong self-retaining water performance.
2. It has waterproof performance: because sodium bentonite is a natural inorganic material, it will not age or corrode even after a long time or if the surrounding environment changes, so the waterproof performance is durable.
3. Simple construction and short construction period: Compared with other waterproof materials, the construction is relatively simple and does not require heating and pasting. Just attach and fix with bentonite powder and nails, washers, etc. No special inspection is required after construction, and it is easy to repair if waterproof defects are found.
4. Not affected by temperature: it will not be brittle in cold climates.
5. Integration of waterproof materials and objects: When sodium bentonite reacts with water, it has 13-16 times the expansion capacity. Even if the concrete structure vibrates and settles, the bentonite in GCL can repair the cracks on the concrete surface within 2mm.
6. Green and environmental protection: Bentonite is a natural inorganic material, which is harmless and non-toxic to the human body, has no special impact on the environment, and has good environmental protection.
Bentonite waterproof blanket uses
1. Landfill anti-seepage sealing treatment project
2. Waterscape engineering and artificial landscape engineering
3. Anti-seepage project of underground oil storage tank
4. Reservoir (pool) seepage prevention project
5. Anti-seepage works of channels and canals
6. Subway engineering
7. Tunnel engineering
8. Basement anti-seepage, underground structure and underground foundation and other waterproof works
Bentonite Waterproof Blanket Application
1. It is suitable for waterproofing projects such as newly built industrial and civilian roof planting gardens, basements, and roofs;
2 Various waterproof projects in subway, railway, municipal highway, light industry, petroleum and metallurgy industries;
3. Anti-seepage works for earthwork maintenance and reinforcement;
4. Large-scale waterproof covering of soil layers such as desert treatment, environmental transformation, landfills, artificial lakes, and artificial landscapes;
5. The performance in water conservancy projects is more excellent, and it can be widely used in large-scale seepage prevention construction such as water storage buildings, small reservoir areas, reservoir dams, irrigation channels, ponds and fish ponds
Parameters of Bentonite Waterproof Blanket
Bentonite waterproof blanket (GCL) is a new type of geosynthetic material. It is made of graded natural sodium-based bentonite particles and the corresponding admixtures evenly mixed. By special technology and equipment, the bentonite particles are fixed between two layers of geotextiles to make a bentonite waterproof blanket, which has both geotechnical properties. All the characteristics of the material, but also has excellent waterproof (permeability) performance. Its waterproof mechanism is: the bentonite particles swell with water to form a uniform colloidal system. Under the restriction of two layers of geotextiles, the bentonite expands from disorder to order. The result of continuous water absorption and swelling is the bentonite layer itself. To achieve compactness, which has a waterproof effect.
—— Has excellent waterproof and anti-seepage performance, the anti-seepage hydrostatic pressure can reach more than 1.0MPa, and the permeability coefficient is 10 -2 cm/s
—— Bentonite is a natural inorganic material, it will not undergo aging reaction and has good durability; it will not cause any adverse effects on the environment, and it is an environmentally friendly material
—— Has all the characteristics of geotextile materials, such as separation, reinforcement, protection, filtration, etc.
—— The construction is simple and not limited by the construction environment temperature, and the construction can also be carried out below 0 ℃. During construction, simply lay the GCL waterproof blanket on the ground,
——Easy to repair; even after the waterproof (seepage) construction is completed, if the waterproof layer is accidentally damaged, as long as the damaged part is simply repaired, it can be restored.
- Get the perfect waterproof performance. ——High performance-price ratio, very wide range of uses.
—— The width of the product can reach 6 meters, which matches the specifications of the international geotextile (membrane), which greatly improves the construction efficiency
Welcome to leave a message